1/2 Photos of Stuffed French Loaf
Chef Shadows's Note:
SOURCE : THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS - BOOK TWO. We make this every Christmas and new years. The vegetarian options are my creation and not in the book. I have never timed how long this actually takes, so the times mentioned are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread
- 226.79 g spicy bulk sausage
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, Finely Minced
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard, divided
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 177.44 ml extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml black pepper, freshly ground
Vegetarian Options in place of sausage
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Slice the bread in half lengthwise and slightly hollow out each half, leaving a 1/2-inch thick layer of bread.
- 3Place crumbs in container of blender or food processor and process 15 to 20 seconds or until fine.
- 4Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in skillet over medium heat until meat is browned; drain.
- 5In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, meat mixture, egg, 1 tsp mustard, and parsley; set aside.
- 6Using a blender or food processor, process the cheeses, olive oil, 2 tsps mustard, and pepper until mixture forms a paste, about 1 minute.
- 7Spread cheese mixture evenly over the inside of each bread half.
- 8Spoon meat mixture into the cavity of each bread half.
- 9Place bread halves together.
- 10Wrap loaf in foil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
- 11Cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- 12• For the vegetarian option:.
- 13Cook the Garden Burger, pecans and mushrooms with the onion and garlic.
- 14Follow the rest of the recipe from that point.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed French Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 548.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy bulk sausage