Recipe by Felix4067
This is not only easy, but really, really good. When I make it, I mix the filling the night before, then fill the loaves in the morning and bake.
Top Review by KPD
great recipe! what a nice change for breakfast! i can't believe there aren't more reviews of this recipe! we really enjoyed it. i especially love anything that i can make ahead of time, breakfast items in particular. i just kept all my components separate until morning, then it was so easy to mix everything together, fill the bread and bake! i did add a few extra spices to the saute: garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and dash of italian seasoning. we also liked this because it's egg free, which is sometimes hard to find in the breakfast department! thanks, felix, this recipe is a winner!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 453.59 g breakfast sausage (your choice of flavour, I use sage)
- 8 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise and hollow out. Place removed chunks in a large bowl.
- Brown sausage, bacon, onion, and bell peppers in a large skillet; drain.
- Mix sausage mixture with bread chunks, milk and cheeses.
- Fill hollowed out loaf halves with sausage and bread mixture.
- Wrap halves in aluminum foil, and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Slice to serve.