Recipe by lets.eat
This is sooo good, artery clogging though. This originally called for raw bacon, but it took forever to cook, this came from some recipe site on the 'net. The instructions may sound confusing, and while making it you will be thinking 'what tha'. The outcome will be worth it, at least I hope you think so. When baked you are to slice them into individual sandwhiches. Bake time can differ due to the type of dough used
Top Review by Chef Country Exec
This tasted fantastic. The preparation with cutting the bread and stuffing in between the slits was a little awkward, especially when it came to eating. I might try it as an open faced sandwich next time. But the taste was phenomenal, so I will definitely be trying again. Thanks lets.eat.
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, loaf, thawed (French bread brown and serve)
- 8 slices bacon, under-cooked
- 8 slices swiss cheese, THIN slices, folded in half
- 8 -16 slices ham, THIN slices (sandwich)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 small onion, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place thawed bread loaf on cookie sheet, that is lined with foil.
- Cut bread loaf into 8 slices that DO NOT penetrate to the bottom.
- Spread butter mixture into sliced bread, you are making 'pockets'.
- Into the 'pockets' add sliced cheese, ham, and place partially cooked bacon on top of each slice.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bacon becomes crisp.
- Slice into individual sandwiches.