1/2 Photos of Stuffed French Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This is sooo good, artery clogging though. This originally called for raw bacon, but it took forever to cook, this came from some recipe site on the 'net. The instructions may sound confusing, and while making it you will be thinking 'what tha'. The outcome will be worth it, at least I hope you think so. When baked you are to slice them into individual sandwhiches. Bake time can differ due to the type of dough used
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, loaf, thawed (French bread brown and serve)
- 8 slices bacon, under-cooked
- 8 slices swiss cheese, THIN slices, folded in half
- 8 -16 slices ham, THIN slices (sandwich)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place thawed bread loaf on cookie sheet, that is lined with foil.
- 3Cut bread loaf into 8 slices that DO NOT penetrate to the bottom.
- 4Spread butter mixture into sliced bread, you are making 'pockets'.
- 5Into the 'pockets' add sliced cheese, ham, and place partially cooked bacon on top of each slice.
- 6Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bacon becomes crisp.
- 7Slice into individual sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.7
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 343.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough