Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an "Oak-ie" dish my Mom made often when I was a kid. A heart attack waiting to happen...maybe, but so good that it's my birthday dinner every year with corn on the cob! Goo-ey, cheesy goodness. Enjoy!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 all beef wieners
- 12 slice bacon
- Boil potatoes for mashed.
- Add margarine and milk and mash potatoes. Sometimes it takes less milk, not sure why, but don't let your potatoes get too loose.
- Add onion and cheese to mashed potatoes.
- Slice franks lengthwise almost in half and spread them open.
- Cover each frank with small dollops of mashed potatoes.
- Wrap each stuffed frank in a bacon slice.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes until bacon is done.
My family loved it! I had a lot of leftover mashed potatoes, though. With today's huge produce, it would have been fine to use half of the potatoes called for. But definitely a creative, fun use of hot dogs! Yummy!