Recipe by doublebubble
This is an "Oak-ie" dish my Mom made often when I was a kid. A heart attack waiting to happen...maybe, but so good that it's my birthday dinner every year with corn on the cob! Goo-ey, cheesy goodness. Enjoy!
Top Review by danasbeasley
My family loved it! I had a lot of leftover mashed potatoes, though. With today's huge produce, it would have been fine to use half of the potatoes called for. But definitely a creative, fun use of hot dogs! Yummy!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 all beef wieners
- 12 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes for mashed.
- Add margarine and milk and mash potatoes. Sometimes it takes less milk, not sure why, but don't let your potatoes get too loose.
- Add onion and cheese to mashed potatoes.
- Slice franks lengthwise almost in half and spread them open.
- Cover each frank with small dollops of mashed potatoes.
- Wrap each stuffed frank in a bacon slice.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes until bacon is done.