Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an "Oak-ie" dish my Mom made often when I was a kid. A heart attack waiting to happen...maybe, but so good that it's my birthday dinner every year with corn on the cob! Goo-ey, cheesy goodness. Enjoy!
- Boil potatoes for mashed.
- Add margarine and milk and mash potatoes. Sometimes it takes less milk, not sure why, but don't let your potatoes get too loose.
- Add onion and cheese to mashed potatoes.
- Slice franks lengthwise almost in half and spread them open.
- Cover each frank with small dollops of mashed potatoes.
- Wrap each stuffed frank in a bacon slice.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes until bacon is done.