Recipe by Saturn
Found on net. Plan on trying this soon. Sounds SO good to me. I think it would be a great way to "trick" my sons into eating spinach. Prep time does not reflect thawing time.
Top Review by Teddy's Mommy
We really enjoyed this recipe. I thought the gorgonzola made it a little to salty though, I think next time I'll leave it out and maybe put in some tomatoes instead. Thank you so much for a great recipe with excellent potential for substitutions.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 7 ounces gorgonzola, Crumbled
- 7 ounces mozzarella cheese, Slice
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, Sauteed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw dough.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into two.
- On a floured surface, either pat down or roll into two 10-11 inch circles.
- Place one circle on an oiled cookie sheet, and then sprinkle the cheese evenly over its surface.
- Spread the spinach across the top, and then cover with the remaining circle.
- Using your fingertips, gently press the edges together.
- Create dimples across the top surface using your fingertips, and drizzle over with the oil. Sprinkle the salt and rosemary on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Variation: Try stuffing the focaccia with thinly sliced tomatoes and basil leaves, shredded cooked ham and Fontina cheese, or simply a mixture of your favorite Italian cheeses.