1/2 Photos of Stuffed Flounder La Fourche
Witch Doctor's Note:
Flounder stuffed with shrimp and crab! What more can a guy (or Gal) ask for?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 flounder (1 1/2 lbs each)
- 226.79 g lump crabmeat
- 226.79 g shrimp
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 354.88 ml dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml celery, finely diced
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced
- salt, Black pepper and cayenne, to taste
- 453.59 g butter, unsalted
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1In a heavy pan, sauté onions, celery and garlic in the butter over medium heat.
- 2When vegetables are soft, add shrimp, crab, egg and remaining ingredients except wine and paprika.
- 3Slice each flounder on the dark side down the middle.
- 4Slice toward the sides making a pocket under the meat large enough to place the seafood stuffing.
- 5Season the stuffing to taste.
- 6Fill the pocket, leaving a mound on top.
- 7Place in a pan with 1 ½ cups of dry white wine.
- 8This will keep the flounder moist and keep it from sticking.
- 9NOTE: it helps to rub butter on the pan.
- 10Sprinkle paprika on the top and bake for 25 minutes in a 3750 F oven.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Flounder La Fourche
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1125.9
- Calories from Fat 864
- Total Fat 96.1 g
- Saturated Fat 59.2 g
- Cholesterol 405.0 mg
- Sodium 1579.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: