- 4 flounder (1 1/2 lbs each)
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- salt, Black pepper and cayenne, to taste
- 1 lb butter, unsalted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pan, sauté onions, celery and garlic in the butter over medium heat.
- When vegetables are soft, add shrimp, crab, egg and remaining ingredients except wine and paprika.
- Slice each flounder on the dark side down the middle.
- Slice toward the sides making a pocket under the meat large enough to place the seafood stuffing.
- Season the stuffing to taste.
- Fill the pocket, leaving a mound on top.
- Place in a pan with 1 ½ cups of dry white wine.
- This will keep the flounder moist and keep it from sticking.
- NOTE: it helps to rub butter on the pan.
- Sprinkle paprika on the top and bake for 25 minutes in a 3750 F oven.