1/2 Photos of Stuffed Flounder Creole
1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe from a Woman's Day cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1/2 cup butter and sauté onions, celery, shallots and garlic until tender but not brown.
- 2Sprinkle with flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, until mixture browns.
- 3Gradually stir in white wine and milk. Cook, stirring over low heat until mixture is smooth and thickened.
- 4Fold in shrimp, crabmeat and soft breadcrumbs.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Have flounder split without separating the halves.
- 7Remove the backbone. Spread half of each fish with stuffing. Reshape fish and spread it liberally with butter.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Lay the fish side by side in a buttered heatproof serving dish and brown the bottom over direct heat.
- 10Put the dish under broiler heat to brown the top.
- 11Serve hot; garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Flounder Creole
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 218.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: