From the Court of Two Sisters in New Orleans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces flounder fillets
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/2 lb small shrimp, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1Heat butter, add flour, and stir, but do not darken flour.
- 2Add cream slowly and bring to a boil.
- 3Combine with all other ingredients but flounder in a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- 4Cut flounder lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips.
- 5Fold flounder strips around a 2 oz nugget of the stuffing and stand them upright.
- 6Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
- 7Top with Veloure Sauce (See steps below).
- 8Veloure Sauce: Add liquids, spices and stock to saucepan, boil and remove after 10 minutes.
- 9Make a light roux by heating 1 TBS butter in a pan, stirring in flour and heating until light brown.
- 10Add roux to mixture and whisk in remaining butter.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Flounder
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.1 mg
- Sodium 489.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g