Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Stuffed with savory shrimp and bread crumbs bathed in white wine.
Top Review by Suzanne M.
Quick easy and delicious. Saved to favorites. I did not roll the fillets. Easier yet, just layer with the fillets. I found small packs of mini shrimp in the grocery store, ready to go. 2 fillets and the stuffing were enough for 2.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup unseasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb flounder fillets
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup nonalcoholic white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is opaque.
- Remove to a large bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs and cheese and stir to combine.
- Place the flounder on a work surface.
- Evenly divide the shrimp mixture among the fillets, spreading almost to the edge.
- Roll the fillets from a short end to enclose the filling.
- Secure with wooden picks.
- Place the rolls in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Pour the wine into the dish.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.