London Broil to me has always been a rolled flank steak with a bread stuffing but I couldn't find any recipes here on Zaar so I made this one up using easy fast ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef flank steak, pounded thin.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 (120 g) package chicken stuffing mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce (or more)
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers, finely chopped (any color will do)
- pepper (The soup is salty)
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onions& mushrooms until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms golden.
- Stir the water into the stuffing mix and add the onions& mushrooms with the butter from the pan.
- After pounding the flank steak have the narrow edge in towards you and place the stuffing mix on top have it all the way out to the edges.
- Roll up the flank steak (Jelly Roll style) and secure with toothpick every 1 1/2".
- Slice the roll into apprx 4 pieces,apprx 1 1/2" thick there may be one or two extra pieces depending on the size of the flank steak and how thin you pounded it.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet and brown the cut flank steak rolls on both sides, allow apprx 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile mix the soup, hotsauce and sweet pepper.
- When you have browned both sides pour the sauce around the steaks, don't drown them, leave the tops showing.
- Simmer for 10 minutes& serve.