1/1 Photo of Stuffed Flank Steak London Broil
London Broil to me has always been a rolled flank steak with a bread stuffing but I couldn't find any recipes here on Zaar so I made this one up using easy fast ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs beef flank steak, pounded thin.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 (120 g) package chicken stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce (or more)
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers, finely chopped (any color will do)
- pepper (The soup is salty)
- 1Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onions& mushrooms until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms golden.
- 2Stir the water into the stuffing mix and add the onions& mushrooms with the butter from the pan.
- 3After pounding the flank steak have the narrow edge in towards you and place the stuffing mix on top have it all the way out to the edges.
- 4Roll up the flank steak (Jelly Roll style) and secure with toothpick every 1 1/2".
- 5Slice the roll into apprx 4 pieces,apprx 1 1/2" thick there may be one or two extra pieces depending on the size of the flank steak and how thin you pounded it.
- 6Heat a lightly oiled skillet and brown the cut flank steak rolls on both sides, allow apprx 4 minutes per side.
- 7Meanwhile mix the soup, hotsauce and sweet pepper.
- 8When you have browned both sides pour the sauce around the steaks, don't drown them, leave the tops showing.
- 9Simmer for 10 minutes& serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Flank Steak London Broil
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 1048.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 52.2 g