Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- Slightly score flank steak on each side at 1 inch intervals.
- Combine stuffing with beef broth, butter and cheese.
- Spread mustard over flank steak, then spread stuffing over steak and roll up like a jelly roll.
- Tie with string.
- Rub with oil sprinkle with salt and pepper on the outside and put into crock pot.
- Mix gravy and water.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook low, 8 hours.
- Remove meat from crock pot. Stir gravy well to blend (Some of the stuffing mix will come out of the flank steak while it is cooking and this will thicken the gravy a bit more).
- Slice into serving sized pieces.
- Serve with gravy on the side to put on the steak and potatoes if you are serving them.
Excellent! Be sure to pound out the flank steak to a thin rectangle before stuffing and tying. Liked the mustard-dijon flavor, but not everyone might...
Loved the flavor! Would do stuffing separate next time though...
I thought this was awesome. I didn't measure out the mustard... I just made sure there was a very thin layer. Instead of cooking it in a crock pot (didn't have the 8 hours to spare) I cooked it according to the directions on recipe #62709. Turned out wonderfully and my husband and I liked it so much I'm going to cook it again later this week for his parents.