Fish rolls stuffed with asparagus, bacon and cheese. Served with a delicious sauce.
Make and share this Stuffed Fish Rolls With Asparagus Hollandaise Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp, drain on absorbent paper. Combine asparagus, bacon and grated cheese in a bowl.
- Press spoonfuls of mixture onto the fish and roll up, secure with toothpicks.
- Place fish on oiled ovenproof dish in a single layer and brush with melted butter. Bake fish at 180c for 20mins or until cooked through.
- For the Sauce.
- Boil or microwave asparagus until tender.
- Place egg yolks, wine, lemon juice and cayenne in a blender, blend until smooth about 10 seconds.
- Slowly pour in hot butter, blend until thickened.
- Add hot asparagus and blend until smooth, serve immediately.
- Hollandaise should be served warm not hot.
- To serve place two fish rolls per plate top with sauce.
This was really good! We used home canned asparagus in the stuffing and fresh steamed asparagus on the side. Also, I used a sharp white cheddar (because that's all we had on hand) and it came out fine. For presentation, I sprinkled paprika around the outside. The red gave it the needed color contrast. Thanks for posting!