Recipe by mandagirl
The combination of butter, Town House crackers and seasoned bread crumbs give this fish a rich flavor. My mom's recipe...one of my favorites.
Top Review by Carol Elizabeth
I will give this a star rating when I make this with flounder. I used pollack and I guess I don't care for it. The filling was very good. I will make this again with flounder and then give it a star rating. I suspect that it will be a 5. Thanks, Mandagirl!
- 2 lbs sole fillets
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, cut up small
- 8 ounces buttery flavored crackers, such as Town House, crushed
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Put crushed crackers in a bowl and mix in bread crumbs. (about 1/4 cup; more or less if you like).
- Add chopped parsley and garlic.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter and stir to mix.
- Add artificial crab meat and mix again.
- Wash fish and pat dry.
- Roll each fillet with a handful of stuffing and place in buttered 9x13 casserole dish.
- Put remaining stuffing on top and around rolled fillets.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Cover with foil or lid and bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Uncover fish and cook another 10 to 15 minutes.