Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Awesome appetizers - can't get any easier either.
Make and share this Stuffed Fire Roasted Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (7 ounce) jarsfire roasted peppers
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup imported grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese
- 4 eggs, Beaten
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse peppers. Open peppers, splitting on one side so that they lay flat on worktable. Sprinkle with small amount of breadcrumbs, reserving most to coat peppers in, then add minced garlic, small slice of fontina cheese, and dredge in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Heat fry pan with about 1" deep of olive oil over medium high heat. Check to see if hot enough by flicking in some breadcrumbs and, if it bubbles, it's ready to begin frying. Carefully, place peppers into fry pan and fry on both sides until lightly golden. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.