Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 fresh figs, washed, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 orange, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cooled pine nuts, orange zest nutmeg and pepper, mixing until smooth.
- Slice each fig in half lengthwise.
- Press about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the cut side of each fig half.
- Melt chocolate and butter in micro 1 minute add Grand Marnier stir till creamy.
- Drizzle over stuffed figs.
- Garnish on a platter with orange slices.
FABULOUS! This is one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. I did not have any Grand Marnier..my favorite liqueur..and just put in a little juice from the orange. I can't wait until fig season next year to make these again!!
We eat most of our figs out of hand, but I'm so glad I was able to find some nice ones still on the tree to make this recipe. It is, quite simply, fabulous. Very easy to make, but with a very elegant presentation and flavour. If you have fresh figs, this is a must-try recipe.
These were good and pretty easy! I did sub an ice wine for the liquor, just to test and cause i soaked the figs in them a little bit. Yum! thanks Rita!