Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This is a wonderful appetizer. With the aid of a food processor, prep should not take that long. Marinate time: 6-8 hours.
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drain & chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, bottled, drain & choppped
- 4 ounces pimientos, drain & chopped
- 1 cup stuffed green olive, drain & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 bunches endive
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE the following ingredients in the food processor:.
- artichoke hearts, mushrooms, pimentos, green olives, green bell pepper, celery; pulse until veggies are medium/fine in size.
- In a skillet: Warm olive oil over medium heat, sautee onions and garlic in 1/4 C olive oil, may use less oil. Cool and set aside.
- Make vinaigrette by combining: white vinegar, dried Italian seasoning, salt, sugar, pepper. Whisk to blend. Add to all veggies. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Clean and trim individual endive leaves. Trimming off ends as needed. Spoon mixture into leaves. Arrange on serving platter.