Recipe by mollypaul
An easy, quick salad or starter/appetizer. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by Bergy
This is a great recipe for me - we always have cotttage cheese in the house and stuffed olives. I used Jalapeno stuffed olives and added some dry Ranch dressing amd a bit of Onion soup powder to the cottage cheese. I am serving them tonight along side Country spare ribs.I made an extra one so I could sample it MMmmmmm Thanks Molly I will make good use of this recipe
- 8 ounces cottage cheese or 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced chives (fresh is best, more to taste)
- 2 heads endive
- 8 stuffed green olives (more or less, to your preference)
- oil-and-vinegar dressing (we prefer French Dressing (Not Catalina Style))
Directions See How It's Made
- Season cottage cheese with salt, pepper and chives.
- Clean endive and pull leaves off; dip tips into paprika.
- Fill leaves with cottage cheese and arrange in a petal fashion on a round plate; fill center of the "flower" with olives.
- Serve with dressing.