Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Since you bought that bag of Clear Jel to make the homemade pie fillings, here is another recipe you can use it in.
- 12 eggs, room temp
- 1 tablespoon Clear Jel (or flour)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, cold
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place eggs in boiling water.
- Bring back to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Cool in cold water.
- Peel and split them lengthwise, remove yolks and place egg whites on a serving dish.
- Mash yolks with fork until free of lumps.
- Place the other 7 ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add butter in a pan and cook this mixture until thickened and then cool.
- Mix cooled mixture with mashed yolks stirring until smooth.
- Fill egg whites and garnish with parsley and paprika.
- Chill before serving.