1/1 Photo of Stuffed Eggplant Parmigiana
My daughter recently bought me some vintage cookbooks. This recipe came from Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish, published in 1965. This is a great version of one of my favorite ways to enjoy eggplant!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mince the garlic. Cut eggplants in half and scoop out the pulp; dice.
- 2Remove the casing from the Italian sausage. Brown the sausage in a skillet; drain well.
- 3Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, garlic, salt and oregano. cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Add the diced eggplant pulp. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer.
- 5Place the eggplant shells in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish. Divide half of the sauce among the eggplant shells. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- 6Heap remaining sauce on the shells and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Eggplant Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.5
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 2378.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 38.4 g