Recipe by shezashark
This dish has a little zip to it and a twist or two.
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
Lordy,lordy,lordy...what can I say...my mouth is drooling as I type! I made a few changes to this, 1. I left out the shrimp, and 2. I used long Japanese eggplants. 3. I did not use the salt,cause the feta was salty enough. I had enough filling for 6 eggplants teeming with filling. Oh, sooo good!
- 4 large eggplants
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp (frozen, thawed and chopped roughly)
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, to top with
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the eggplants in half the long way and score the flesh with diagonal cuts and turn and do the opposite direction. Spray a sheet with cooking spray and place the flesh side down and bake at 425 for 10 mins and flip them over and bake another 10 minutes Allow to cool and scoop out the flesh. Then dice up the more solid of pieces and set aside.
- While the eggplant is cooking dice your pepper, tomato, scallions, pistacios and garlic and put into a large bowl.
- Bring to boil the can of stock and add the orzo and let cook for nine minutes, do not drain as most of the liquid will be absorbed and add to the the bowl and mix.
- In a large skillet heat up the oil and add all the contents of the bowl along with feta cheese, diced eggplant and shrimp. Season with the salt and pepper and sautee for 3-4 mins to heat through.
- Fill each eggplant half with mixture and top with grated parmesan cheese. Bake in a 350 oven uncovered for 15 minutes.