Top Review by Chef Joey Z.
For some reason the eggplant shell didn't cook. I think next time I do this I will bake the shell separately and then add the filling and cook it the rest of the way. Otherwise the filling was really delicious.
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large turnip, chopped
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated locatelli cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggplant in half length-wise.
- Carefully scoop out flesh leaving ½-inch on bottom and sides.
- Chop up flesh and place into a colander in sink; toss with ¼ C salt.
- Top with a heavy bowl or pot and let stand for 30 minutes.
- After ½ hour, rinse the chopped eggplant thoroughly with cold water; drain well.
- Heat large skillet or pot; add oil.
- Over medium heat, saute turnip, onion, and shallot for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and mushrooms.
- Cook 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain mixture.
- Add bread crumbs and cheesel mix thoroughly.
- Fill each eggplant half with mixture.
- OPTIONAL: Top with additional grated cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.