Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pretty good, if I do say so myself
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut eggplant in half, scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2 inch shell. Chop the flesh finely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chopped eggplant for about 1 minute. Stir in onion, garlic, and parsley, and cook until tender. Transfer to a large bowl, and mix in bread crumbs, chopped olives, capers, and lemon juice. Season with basil, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stuff into eggplant shells.
- Top stuffed eggplants with overlapping slices of tomato. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Very good. I did have some green peppers so I add them to the recipe. Very tasty. Thanks for sharing
i liked it a lot.