1/1 Photo of Stuffed Eggplant
Annz Recipez's Note:
I made this up when I had an abundance of fresh garden veggies I needed to use up one night. My sister had given me some white eggplant and told me it was good for stuffing, so I threw some things together and it turned out wonderful! If you want meat, you can add ground beef or sausage or even chopped leftover meat. Sometimes I cover them with foil and freeze, then when I need a quick meal for myself, I take one out, remove the foil, microwave and voila! I have a quick, yummy, and healthy individual meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium white eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 green chili peppers or 1/2 a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons other fresh herbs, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh in the center until you have just a shell about 1/2-inch thick. Set the shells aside.
- 2Chop up the eggplant you scooped out into small pieces.
- 3Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the chopped eggplant, onion, garlic, and pepper.
- 4Saute until the onion is clear and soft and the eggplant is cooked through.
- 5Add the tomato and basil or fresh herbs saute a few minutes longer.
- 6Add the breadcrumbs and about 1/2 cup of the cheese and stir well. The mixture should hold together well. If not, add a few more breadcrumbs and/or cheese.
- 7Scoop the stuffing mixture into the eggplant shells. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 - 25 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 573.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g