Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 48 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is featured in the book "The Foods of the Greek Islands".
Make and share this Stuffed Dried Figs recipe from Food.com.
- Wash figs and allow to dry out for 2 days at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the walnuts, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Make a slash in the bottom of each fig and fill them with the walnut mixture, then press them closed.
- Place the figs cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.