Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These stuffed hot dogs has been brought down through our famly for many years, not realy sure where it was orignated but it was always one of my favorites as a child, and a favroite of my children and now a favorite of their children.
- Split hot dogs in half the long way, do not cut through.
- Place 1/2 cheese slice down the center of the slit.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the hot dog and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes or until bacon is done.
- These go good on hot dog buns with hot dog relish, or if you don't want the bread, they are good just as is.
The flavor of these hot dogs is great. I cut a "pocket" in each hot dog and inserted the cheese, then completely wrapped them with the bacon slice. I also soaked wooden toothpicks in water for 30 minutes and then slid them through the hot dog/bacon to hold the bacon on. The bacon was cooked to our liking at 30 minutes, however, after 15 minutes of baking time the hot dogs had plumped up to the point where the ends split and the cheese started leaking out onto the baking sheet. This could very well be due to the brand of hot dogs I used, so will try again with a different brand.