Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super easy recipe often served as an appetatizer or dessert in Tunisia. Serve with Rosetta or black coffee.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Place the nuts on a baking pan in the middle rack of the oven. Bake
- for 15 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Cool for 10 minutes before use.
- Place one almond or pecan inside the date. Roll in powdered sugar if
- desired. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
These make a great snack or simple healthy dessert that is very yummy! I made using whole natural almonds and some dates DH had brought home. The way I remember this from my childhood is with Medjool dates (I did not have) and blanched almonds. Served with Moroccan Coffee With Six Fragrant Spices very tasty pairing, thanks for the post.
This was easy and very good! I actually ate 4-6 almonds for each date and loved it that way. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013 for team Hot Stuff.