Recipe by Chef Jean
Super easy recipe often served as an appetatizer or dessert in Tunisia. Serve with Rosetta or black coffee.
Top Review by Debbwl
These make a great snack or simple healthy dessert that is very yummy! I made using whole natural almonds and some dates DH had brought home. The way I remember this from my childhood is with Medjool dates (I did not have) and blanched almonds. Served with Recipe #502696 very tasty pairing, thanks for the post.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Place the nuts on a baking pan in the middle rack of the oven. Bake
- for 15 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Cool for 10 minutes before use.
- Place one almond or pecan inside the date. Roll in powdered sugar if
- desired. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.