Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super easy recipe often served as an appetatizer or dessert in Tunisia. Serve with Rosetta or black coffee.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Place the nuts on a baking pan in the middle rack of the oven. Bake
- for 15 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Cool for 10 minutes before use.
- Place one almond or pecan inside the date. Roll in powdered sugar if
- desired. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
These make a great snack or simple healthy dessert that is very yummy! I made using whole natural almonds and some dates DH had brought home. The way I remember this from my childhood is with Medjool dates (I did not have) and blanched almonds. Served with Recipe #502696 very tasty pairing, thanks for the post.
This was easy and very good! I actually ate 4-6 almonds for each date and loved it that way. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013 for team Hot Stuff.