Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
these are kind of addicting...always requested for a buffet
- 1 lb pitted dates
- 15 -20 pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- additional water
- stuff each date with pecan half.set aside.
- beat butter with mixer, till light.
- add brown sugar and mix well.add egg.mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk well.
- add flour mixture and sour cream to egg mixture -- stir till well incorporated --
- fold in stuffed dates.
- drop from a spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.1 date per cookie.
- bake in a 375* oven for 8-10 minutes.
- remove to rack to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare FROSTING:.
- heat butter in saucepan over medium heat till golden brown.do not burn --
- remove from heat, stir in 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and enough water to make drizzling consistency.
- drizzle over cooled "stuffed dates".
This is a delicious and unusual addition to the overwhelming amount of recipes out there for stuffed dates. It's not like most in that it has a baked on coating and is drizzled with a creamy sugar mixture which tastes far superior to just rolling them in raw or powdered sugar. This is a must try if you are looking for something that no one else on your block has served before!