Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from The Daily Review newspaper. These cupcakes can be made with a butterscotch cake mix and butterscotch chips.
Top Review by HOTTOPOT
WOW! we had so much fun with these! we made the chocolate verison and they came out great! god how I wish I had a camera phone but i do plan to scan a picture in (eventually) I bad with remembering to develope film, but anyhow. these were a real treat and we appreciate you taking the time to post the recipe, I feel great honor I being the lucky first to review!
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and cake mix as directed on box with the water, oil, and eggs. Fill cupcake pans 3/4 full.
- Mix egg with cream cheese and sugar. Add chips,mix well. Put 2 teaspoons of filling in center of each cupcake. Bake 20 minutes or untiltest done.
- Blend cream cheese with 1 tablespoon milk. Gradually blend in confection sugar. If necessary additional milk may be added to achieve desired consistency.
- Other variations of the basic cream cheese icing recipe are:.
- Chocolate Frosting:.
- Make basic recipe. After sugar is blended in add 1 square unsweetened chocolate, melted and slightly cooled, 1 teaspoon vanilla, dash of salt. Mix well.
- Peppermint Frosting:.
- Add a tablespoon of crushed peppermint stick candy, mix thoroughly.