Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I completely forgot about this recipe. It comes from Taste of Home August/September 1998 edition. I used to make this all of the time but have not in several years. Anyway, I remember I really liked this dish for a snack and I would sometimes make it for a party. I have made some slight changes do to personal taste, and ease of cooking. I suggest using fresh ingredients. Hope you enjoy!
- With a potato peeler make stripes in the cucumber by running the peeler from top to bottom of cucumber in a straight line. leave about 1/2 inch space and then peel another strip until you have made stripes on the whole cucumber it makes for a nice simple presentation.
- Cut off the ends of the cucumber, then cut the cucumber in half lengthwise remove and discard seeds.
- Pat dry the cucumbers on a clean paper towel. Meanwhile combine cheeses, parsley, dill, and onion.
- Spoon the mixture into each cucumber half. Put the halves back together and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices garnish with pimiento & if desired (I like to top with cheddar cheese or a slice of cherry tomato and top on a cracker).