1/1 Photo of Stuffed Cucumbers
I have been making these for years. Another fast, easy and tasty pupu. The "stuffing" really does need to sit and marinate for a while so make it the morning of or no more then 12 hours before serving. Otherwise it becomes a runny mess. The website did not recognize the words Japan or seedless - but I usually use the longer slim Japanese or seedless variety.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut about 2+1/2 inches off each end of cucumber (assuming you are using the Japan or seedless, since they are typically rather long).
- 2Grate the ends using a hand grater & place into a fine mesh strainer.
- 3Cut the cucumbers in half, then again lengthwise.
- 4Scoop out seeds so you have four boats & run the bottom side of boat across a grater. This creates a flat bottom so the boat doesn't rock. Save the shavings & rough chop into the grated cuc ends from above.
- 5The longer you let the cucumber strain, the drier the stuffing will be, I usually wait about 30 minutes.
- 6Remove grated cuc from the strainer, add to bowl.
- 7Add 2oz feta, white pepper and dill weed. Stir gently.
- 8Chill at least a couple hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- 9Wipe the boats dry (makes the stuffing easier) and place stuffing inside.
- 10Garnish: black lava sea salt & dots of sriracha mixed with mayo.
- 11You can also slice into smaller bite sized "U's" if you refrigerate after stuffing to re-firm the feta/cuc mixture.
- 12Prep time does not include refrigerator marinade time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g