1/1 Photo of Stuffed Cucumbers
An alternative way to use up the bounty of cucumbers from your garden. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scoop pulp from middle of cucumbers, reserve pulp.
- 2Salt shells lightly and place close together in a buttered pan.
- 3Mix pulp with tomato, onion, chicken and seasonings.
- 4Melt butter and add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 5Add milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 6Add to pulp mixture and fill cucumber shells.
- 7Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle buttered crumbs evenly over the top and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 480.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g