Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 20 pimientos, strips
- to taste dill sprigs (to garnish)
- Run the tines of a fork lengthwise down the cucumber.
- Cut a 1" slice from each end.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds.
- Place cucumber cut side down on paper towel for 10 minutes.
- Combine cheeses, parsley, dill and onion; spoon into cucumber halves.
- Put halves back together; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Cut into 1/2" slices; garnish with pimiento and dill.
The cucumber didn't set in the fridge overnight, but the cheese mix was good anyway. I have used it again for dip.
Very good flavor combination. I made this for last year's Super Bowl Party and had a heck of a time with the preperation. The cheese mixture wouldn't stay in the cucumber, they didn't set up in the fridge. So I just put the cheese mixture in a bowl and cut up the cucumbers and served it as a dip. That went over very well. I plan on using the cheese mixture again.