This sounds so yummy!
Make and share this Stuffed-Crust Strawberry Cream Pie (Pillsbury) recipe from Food.com.
- 425.24 g boxpillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 198.44 g package almond paste
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 709.77 ml sliced fresh strawberries
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml powdered sugar
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 8 fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 400°F Unroll 1 crust on work surface. Into medium bowl or food processor, crumble almond paste. Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch and the egg white. Mix or cover and process until smooth. Spread on crust to within 1 1/4 inches of edge. Unroll second crust; place on top and pat together gently. Place stuffed crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Seal edges; flute. Cover edge with foil; fit second pie plate inside first pie plate on top of crust.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove top pie plate; gently prick crust surface over filling about 15 times with fork. Bake uncovered about 15 minutes longer or until crust is light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir in strawberries. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until filling thickens. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, stirring once, until cool.
- Just before serving, spread strawberry filling in crust. In medium bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Spread on top of pie. Garnish with strawberries.
This was good. I made my own pie crust, using a pate brisee recipe and all butter. The crust turns out to be very thick, what with the two layers of dough and one of almond paste. It looked like the strawberry filling would be thinner than we like, so I increased the strawberries to 4 cups, and threw in 3/4 c of wild black raspberries that I had on hand. It was very pretty. My daughter #2 said that it tasted like an almond croissant with strawberry jello on top.
This was awesome! the flavor of almonds with the strawberries and cream was so goood! Thanks so much for this recipe 2Bleu. It is a keeper in this house!