Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Presented By: Majestic Mansion Bed & Breakfast
- 6 plain croissants
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon other fruit extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- honey nut cream cheese or cream cheese
- peaches or other fresh fruit, sliced
- In a shallow bowl wide enough to immerse croissant, whisk eggs until light yellow.
- Add milk, half& half, vanilla and seasonings and mix together.
- Slice croissant and spread cream cheese on bottom half.
- Lay sliced fruit on top of cream cheese and cover with top croissant half.
- Dip in egg mixture and fry in butter till brown.
- Flip over and brown other side.
We really enjoyed this sweet and fruity treat. I used whipping cream in place of half and half as that is what I had on hand. For the fruit I used a combination of strawberries and bananas, very good. The only suggestion I would make is to dip the croissant very quickly as the ones that got a little too much egg mixture were a little bit soggy. Even with that it is certainly worth a repeat. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Yum! I used apple slices sauteed in butter with a bit of cinnamon and it turned out very well. Great breakfast, easy and very quick!
I used regular cream cheese, and apples slices ! we loved it, thank you very much. i had a bag of plain croissants in my fridge, and two stomachs to feed on saturday morning :D Thank you !