1/3 Photos of Stuffed Crabs
This is my mother's recipe with a few variations from me. You will never get stuffed crabs like this in a restaurant. Most restaurants add so much breading that it covers up the taste of the crab meat. I hope you will enjoy! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb peeled and cooked small shrimp
- 2 lbs blue point louisiana crabmeat
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup shrimp stock
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and cayenne pepper
- 12 cleaned crab shells
- 1In large skillet, melt butter.
- 2Add onion, green and red bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat until onions are transparent.
- 3Put cooked shrimp into food processor. Pulse until shrimp are coarsely ground.
- 4Add shrimp and crab meat to onion mixture. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- 5In separate bowl, combine 1/4 cup bread crumbs with shrimp stock. Combine with shrimp and crab meat mixture.
- 6Add beaten egg, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- 7Stuff into crab shells. Top each stuffed shell with remaining bread crumbs.
- 8Top each crab with a pat of butter.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- 10Bon Appetite! :).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Crabs
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 230.6 mg
- Sodium 1779.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: