These are stuffed with tender, lump crab meat, bits of carrots, peppers, onions, and a kick from a hint of chiptole sauce and of course garlic. For the seasoned bread crumbs I used Seasoned Breadcrumb Mix #102062 by PaulaG.
- 40 ounces from whole mushrooms, stem removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄3 cup diced yellow peppers or 1⁄3 cup red peppers or 1⁄3 cup green pepper
- 2⁄3 cup diced onion
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a hot pan heat oil add and saute peppers, carrots, onions, mushroom stems, and garlic seasoning with salt and pepper cook 4 minutes.
- Deglaze with the wine and reduce till almost gone.
- Remove from heat add chiptole sauce.
- Lightly rub olive oil on the top of each mushroom and place top down in a large baking pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break egg into the veggies then adding bread crumbs mix well.
- Add crab meat and mix in lightly.
- Fill caps of mushrooms distributing among them and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.