Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful antipasto starter.
- 4 small courgettes, ends trimmed
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3 -4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- Slice the courgettes length ways, using a swivel vegetable peeler - you'll need 24 long strips.
- Drizzle some of the olive oil and balsamic over two large plates and lay the strips flat, trying not to overlap.
- Sprinkle with more oil and balsamic; cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. Can be prepared up to 6 hrs ahead.
- Mix the ricotta with lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- mix in the basil and pine nuts.
- Place 1 tsp of the ricotta mixture onto one end of a courgette strip and roll up.
- Repeat until you have used up all the filling.
- Arrange rolls upright on a plate and grind over some black pepper.
- Drizzle with a little more oil and balsamic vinegar to serve.
I decided to make these as part of our Christmas dinner and these are absolutely amazing. A vegetable peeler makes short work of the zucchini and they marinated beuatifully while I was busy putting together other dishes. The courgettes rolled around really easily and did not fall apart. and the one I sampled was absolutely delicious. Fantastic antipasto.