Recipe by breezermom
This recipe combines long grain rice mix ,vegetables, and cream of mushroom soup to stuff cornish game hens. I got this recipe from a "make it from a mix" pamphlet, and was surprised by how good this is...like Thanksgiving, but easy enough to do everyday!
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy! Great comfort food. I used a brown and wild rice mix, fresh mushrooms sauteed for a few minutes, and 1 Cornish hen. Excellent dinner served with some baby carrots. Easy, moist and delicious. Thanks breezer for yet another keeper. Made for 123 Tag.
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 Cornish hens, 24 ounces each
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 tbsp butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mushrooms and prepared rice.
- Sprinkle the inside and outside of the game hens with salt and pepper. Stuff with the rice mixture. Place on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove the foil. Melt the remaining butter; brush over the hens. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees for the hens and 165 degrees for the stuffing.