1/8 Photos of Stuffed Cornish Hens
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe combines long grain rice mix ,vegetables, and cream of mushroom soup to stuff cornish game hens. I got this recipe from a "make it from a mix" pamphlet, and was surprised by how good this is...like Thanksgiving, but easy enough to do everyday!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 Cornish hens, 24 ounces each
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cook the rice according to package directions.
- 2In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 tbsp butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mushrooms and prepared rice.
- 3Sprinkle the inside and outside of the game hens with salt and pepper. Stuff with the rice mixture. Place on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan; cover with foil.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove the foil. Melt the remaining butter; brush over the hens. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees for the hens and 165 degrees for the stuffing.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cornish Hens
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 232.7 mg
- Sodium 1193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix