Stuffed Cornish Game Hens With Swiss Chard
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until softened.
- Add the bread cubes, prosciutto and mango. Stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth; remove from the heat and let cool. Stuff each hen with one quarter of the mixture and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Sprinkle the flour on the hens. In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add half the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the hens and cook, turning once, until browned. Arrange the hens breast side up, add the remaining chicken broth, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 160° when inserted in the thigh, about 55 minutes. Transfer the hens to a platter and tent with foil.
- Transfer the cooking liquid to a small bowl, reserving the Dutch oven. Let the liquid settle, then skim the fat from the surface; discard.
- In the Dutch oven, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Add the chard and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Serve alongside the hens with the reserved juices.