1/6 Photos of Stuffed Cornish Game Hens with Cranberry Glaze
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was e-mailed to me by a friend. I made it this year for Christmas Eve dinner with great raves and success so I wanted to share it with you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Game Hens and Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup cranberries, rinsed and drained,coarsely chopped
- 2 cups French bread cubes, 1/2 " thick
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 4 Cornish hens, giblets removed,thawed,rinsed and dried
- kitchen string
- 1Prepare the glaze: Combine cranberries and wine in saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in honey and continue to simmer 2 minutes.
- 3Strain glaze, stir in oil and set aside.
- 4Prepare the game hens and stuffing: Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, add onion, celery and cranberries.
- 5Saute for 3 minutes.
- 6Add sauteed mixture to the French bread cubes.
- 7Let cool.
- 8Stir in chicken broth, parsley, sage, thyme, 1/4 Tsp.
- 9salt and 1/8 Tsp.
- 11Stuff game hens with the stuffing and tie drumsticks together with kitchen string.
- 12Place hens in a roasting pan.
- 13Brush some of glaze over each game hen and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- 14Place in a preheated 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 15Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue roasting for 45 minutes longer.
- 16Baste hens with glaze and sprinkle with salt and pepper (salt& pepper is optional, I didn't do it) twice more during the cooking time.
- 17Remove hens from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- 18Cut strings and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cornish Game Hens with Cranberry Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (796 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.4
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 225.1 mg
- Sodium 1225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 58.8 g