1/1 Photo of Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Simple but elegant dish featuring games hens with a wild rice stuffing. Perfect romantic dinner for you and a special someone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2Season hens inside and out with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- 3In a small pan, sautee almonds, onions and rice in butter for 5-10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- 4Add water, boullion, lemon and salt. Bring to a boil to dissolve boullion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer slowly for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 5Stir in mushrooms.
- 6Lightly stuff birds with stuffing.
- 7Place breast side up in a shallow baking pan. Brush with melted butter and roast uncovered at 400 for 30 minutes.
- 8Cover and roast an additional hour or until drumstick can be twisted easily in socket.
- 9Brush with butter during last 15 minutes.
- 10Serve with white wine.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.6
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 252.6 mg
- Sodium 1370.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend