This is one of grandma's recipes. It has some calories but is worth the 2 hour workout after eating them! Dip them in mayo-ketchup sauce seasoned with s&p.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cornflour
- 5 -7 slices American cheese or 5 -7 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of boiling milk
- 1/2 cup butter (or to taste)
- canola oil (to preference)
- 1In large bowl mix flour and milk until flour appers to be thick but smooth. You might need more or less milk, depending on the texture yo prefer.
- 2Flour/milk mix needs to be thick enough so that you can stuff with meat.
- 3Add remaining ingredients.
- 4For meat:.
- 5In hot pan, add sofito and tomato sauce. Add meat and season to taste with adobo.
- 6Using your hand or a fkat surface, use sufficient amount of mixture to cover the palm of your hand.
- 7Add about 3tbs of ground beaf.
- 8Add another layer of flour mixture.
- 9Fry with canola oil, on medium heat, for 10-15minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Corn Fritters (Sorullos De Maíz)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.3
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 277.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: