Prep 20 mins
Cook 52 mins
Low fat variation of corn casserole baked into a green pepper
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup cornbread, crubmled
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large kettle at least half full and bring water to a rolling boil.
- Slice off top of peppers and scrape insides clean.
- Plunge shells into water, parboil for 2 minutes, remove from water and invert on towels to drain.
- In a skillet, saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Cool slightly and combine the next 7 ingredients.
- Stuff peppers with mixture, set in baking dish and cover with broth.
- Bake for 40 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered, basting often.