CATHY SCHOENSTEIN's Note:
New Jersey Bay stuffed clams, we live on the coast in Jersey where there is an abundance of fresh seafood. I like to try new recipes and have a lot of fun inventing my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Open clams, making sure to save any juice and half the clam shells.
- 3Chop the clams by hand or use the food processor; set aside.
- 4Dice the bacon and cook until done.
- 5When cool, add to the clams.
- 6Dice the vegetables and add to the clams.
- 7Add seasonings.
- 8Add the bread crumbs 1/2 cup at a time, until it resembles stuffing.
- 9If the mixture seems too dry, add the reserved clam juice.
- 10Spoon mixture into clam shells and bake for 15 or 20 minutes (when peppers are tender, the clams are done).
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Clams
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.5
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 101.8 mg
- Sodium 989.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: