1/1 Photo of Stuffed Chocolate Cloud Cupcakes
These cupcakes are light, fluffy, refreshingly cool and have just the right amount of chocolate. This recipe uses a cake mix, prepared chocolate frosting and chocolate Cool Whip, but no one needs to know you took a few short-cuts. These little cuties are stuffed and frosted with a smooth combination of chocolate frosting and Cool Whip, resulting in a light chocolate frosting that doesn't taste cloyingly sweet or store-bought. Garnish with a fresh strawberry or raspberry and a few mint leaves to add a touch of elegance. I truly hope you enjoy these little chocolate goodies. My 3-year-old daughter and I certainly do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (Pillsbury Moist Supreme Chocolate)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chocolate frosting (Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 (8 ounce) container chocolate Cool Whip (Cool Whip Season's Delight Chocolate)
- 1 quart strawberry, fanned (optional garnish)
- 1 pint raspberries (optional garnish)
- fresh mint leaves (optional garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Beat until well combined.
- 3Using a regular-sized muffin pan (12 cups), place cupcake liners in each cup. Spoon batter neatly into each liner until 2/3 full.
- 4Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the pan to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- 5While waiting for the cupcakes to cool, make the frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, place frosting and Cool Whip. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth and completely incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to frost cupcakes.
- 6With a apple corer or small serrated knife (or tool of your preference), gently hollow out the center of each cupcake (make a 1-inch diameter hole in each). Spoon or pipe frosting into the holes. Then frost the tops of each cupcake.
- 7Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chocolate Cloud Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (2440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 329.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate Cool Whip